We recently shot day 1 of 3 scheduled for efforts for both Chevy dealer associations in the state. Despite a little rain and an extremely ambitious schedule, we were able to get some great footage on our RED ONE digital cinema camera. Look for it on the air soon, with more to come.
Well, it’s that time again. Below are some of the things I’ll be looking at this year at NAB. Come back after the show to see some of my thoughts.
This year seems to be the year of parties…
• Monday night is the annual TM Television customer party and the “ALL-INfilm” celebrity poker tournament (proceeds to Haiti earthquake relief)
• Avid is having several in-booth parties, and I’m going to the Tuesday night one featuring Matrox and Canon. There’s also the ubiquitous FCPUG Supermeet and a new one this year – a “3D nightclub” called 3opolis. Should be interesting!
• The parties continue Wednesday with an all-day mini convention with RED at the RedUser party and then perhaps an after-party…
The Foundry has a great lineup of speakers – I’m going to sit through several presentations here.
The “Post Pit” is a new feature this year – Tuesday has a live recording of the Red Centre podcast, highlights of Motion 4, and a talk from Ted from RED. Then at 2:30, I’m off to see the Avid Post workflow presentation in the demo suite at Avid.
Wednesday morning is a rare opportunity to hear Stan Lee – I’m looking forward to this one!
More Post Pit topics on Wednesday, so I may be late to the RedUser event: Avid tips at 1:30 and Grant Petty from Blackmagic Design at 3.
Of course, there’s always the trade show, which is the main reason we go. The short list of things I’ll be researching this year are:
• LTO backup hardware and software
• Shared storage
• Used gear for our new tape room
• Announcements from Avid, Apple, Adobe, etc.
And if I’m lucky, I may get a few hours sleep!
OK, we’re back! I will try to post some of the recent projects of note here. Thanks for your patience!